Help us continue to provide programs, services, and financial support to those affected by cancer. Your support is vital and we are extremely grateful to our sponsors, supporters and volunteers who enable us to make a difference in the lives of people coping with cancer. If you would like to Get Involved, please Contact Us today or feel free to Donate Now.
Become a Sponsor
Host An Event
Organizing a charity event is a great way to get the word out about Cares for Cancer, NFP, to further expand the circle of support for those in need, to raise awareness and to raise money in a way that is fun and rewarding.
Your event can be as large or as small as you are comfortable planning. The ideas are endless! Here are a few examples:
• Bake Sale
• Formal Dinner Fundraiser
• Wine Tasting
• Chili Cook-Off
• Golf Outing
• Jump Rope-A-Thon
• Run/Walk 5k
• Murder Mystery Dinner
• Sporting Tournament (baseball, softball, fishing, etc.)
• Car/Motorcycle Show
• Talent Show
• Queen of Hearts Raffle
• Poker Tournament
• Kentucky Derby Party
• Super Bowl Party
• March Madness Party
• Garage/Rummage Sale
• Lemonade Stand
• Car / Motorcycle Wash
• Community Clean-up Day (pledges made for each pound of trash collected)
• Jeans Day @ Work – Consult with your workplace
• Dress Down Day @ School – Consult with your child’s school
• Change Collection– Set out a container to collect loose change
• Request Donations in lieu of gifts for special life events, achievements or memorials
• Facebook Fundraising for Birthdays/Giving Tuesday
The Amazon Smile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of your purchase to us! You shop, Amazon donates and it costs you nothing!
Amazon Smile is a simple and automatic way to support Cares for Cancer, NFP every time you shop while offering the same products, prices, and service.
• Go to smile.amazon.com and sign in
• Select Cares for Cancer, NFP as the charity
• Shop as usual!
• Will not affect Prime Status; all of your Prime Benefits still apply!
https://smile.amazon.com and select Cares for Cancer, NFP as your charity of choice
There are many opportunities for support for your event within your local community. Reach out to your area financial institutions, insurance companies, businesses (both big and small), health care providers and community leaders
Cares for Cancer, NFP is always looking for passionate, dedicated people who want to make a difference in someone’s life that is battling cancer. Some of the different ways to volunteer are:
- Local Awareness Activities
- Project-Based Opportunities
- Becoming involved in a leadership role
Sharing your personal story is often an unexpected source of strength and healing for both the reader and the writer. An advocate will be able to discuss factual information and personal experiences on fighting a particular cancer. You can help Cares for Cancer, NFP continue to raise awareness for all cancers in your community while informing people in your community about us. Some things that we ask of our advocates:
- Host or participate in at least one Cares for Cancer, NFP event per year
- Distribute fliers to local businesses, community centers, etc.
- Contact local media outlets regarding newsworthy items.
- Contact local community leaders for assistance and support.
Email us at email@example.com for more information on becoming an Advocate.
Match A Donation
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. • Ask your Human Resources or Benefits department if your company is eligible for matching gifts. If so, request a matching gift form from your employer and send it in to us, completed and signed with your gift.
Cares for Cancer, NFP
PO Box 557667
Chicago, IL 60655
Establish a Scholarship
When you establish a scholarship fund with Cares for Cancer, NFP, you can choose the name of the scholarship, the eligibility criteria, and the award amount. There is no better way to honor memorialize someone and their battle with cancer than to establish a scholarship in their honor/memory. Cares for Cancer, NFP will administer and manage all fiscal aspects of the fund and, if you wish, the application, selection, and award processes as well.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to establish a scholarship fund.
We rely upon our valued supporters who continue to make an enormous difference in the lives of people who have been impacted by cancer. Planned giving enables you to establish a lasting legacy for the people and the causes you care about. This is a unique way to support and give back through wills and trust estate plans. We invite you to be a part of this dedicated group of supporters whose legacy will ensure the future of Cares for Cancer, NFP.
How It Works
- Include a gift to Cares for Cancer, NFP in your will or trust.
- Make your bequest unrestricted or direct it to a specific purpose.
- Indicate a specific amount or a percentage of the balance remaining in your estate or trust.
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime.
- You can modify your gift to address changing circumstances.
- You can direct your gift to a particular purpose (be sure to check with us to make sure your gift can be used as intended).
- Under current tax law, there is no upper limit on the estate tax deduction for your charitable bequests.
Email us at email@example.com for more information on setting this up.
For Helping Others In Need!